Saturday, October 4, 2008

Whatever Happened to the Ibex Review?

I realize I left anyone anticipating my review of Ibex hanging. There will not be a review until the production version is out. I simply don't have the time to constantly troubleshoot a system just to do a review right now. Frankly there were still a ton of rather critical bugs as of alpha 6 that made broad use of the system troublesome. I was doing my part and submitting bug reports but again, I just don't have the time right now.

For anyone having a problem with jockey-gtk,

I still constantly see new people reporting this bug on the launchpad for Ibex. The bug has been fixed and a patch is availible. It seems to be a rather common (and rather annoying) bug. So if you're experiencing a dbus error with jockey-gtk go to the Ibex launchpad and grab the patch.

No comments: