Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ubuntu 8.10 Inreped Ibex: Part 1

Alright, I know it's technically Saturday and I said I would have this up on Friday but I ran into some technical difficulties. The update is installing on my test computer as we speak. The problem is that I started the upgrade _Thursday_ night. So far several packages have failed to upgrade properly as well, including update manager. However this is an _alpha_ release (alpha 5) so I expect these problems and won't hold it against them. They will be duly reported.

Well point is that I have nothing really to say tonight. I wish I did. But I don't. Only thing I can really throw in there is that it would be nice if the bandwidth on the Ibex repositories were higher. Upgrading my laptop to 8.04 from 7.10 took roughly four hours total. The massive download _alone_ for Ibex took over 14 hours. Not ok in my book.

More to come as I finally get to rev up the system and take a look around.

Until then.

No comments: